As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years now. Today, worldwide more than 7,200 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 90 locations on all continents.
In Bremen or Ettlingen, we are looking for an
Software Developer C/C++ Mass Spectrometry Instrument Control (m/f/d)
for our Fourier Transform Magnetic Resonance Mass Spectrometer (MRMS) product line to support our software development teams in Bremen, Germany, and Billerica, USA, and our interdisciplinary NMR and MRI teams in Ettlingen, Germany and Faellanden, Switzerland.
This position will be located in Ettlingen, working directly with the NMR software development team, or Bremen, with a close integration into the development teams for MRMS and our other mass spectrometers.
- Support the software development of our next generation data acquisition system
- Design, implementation, testing and documentation of device and PC software for instrument control and data acquisition
- Maintain shared code in collaboration with the NMR and MRI teams in Ettlingen
- Coordinate work packages with other teams and external partners and integrate them into our products
- Occasional travel between the SW development sites in Bremen, Ettlingen, Faellanden and Billerica
- A degree in computer science or a related natural sciences field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in SW development in a team environment
- Expert in object-oriented software development with C/C++
- Experience developing for Linux as well as Windows based systems
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with Git
- Familiarity with Eclipse and Java is a plus. Experience in mass spectrometry and/or NMR is a plus
- Fluent in German and English, both written and verbal
- You are a team player who likes software development of large, complex programs.
At Bruker, you can expect an interdisciplinary work environment in an expanding business. You will be part of a highly qualified and dedicated team. Alongside above average employee benefits, we offer training and seminars that support your further development.