MSC is an international leader in global container shipping and is characterized by worldwide services combined with local expertise. In addition, MSC offers a global network of road, rail and sea transport resources. Founded in 1970, we are a privately owned global company operating a network of more than 480 offices in 155 countries with a team of more than 70,000 dedicated employees. We offer excellent prospects to highly motivated liner shipping experts (m/f/d) at nine German locations.
To strengthen our team in Bremen, we are looking for a dedicated
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (M/W/D) TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT
OPERATIONS AND IT
As Personal Assistant (PA) you have a deep understanding of the company structure to support the Senior Management (Director Operations, Director IT) in reviewing operational data and transferring them into a comprehensive, objective and visualized format. The PA provides full support to the Directors on executive tasks. The PA has confidential knowledge about strategic subjects of the organization and will assist the Director in administrating, preparing, executing and managing related tasks.
- Ensure a proper execution of all operational and IT management agendas by providing full support to the Directors
- Produce and deliver a high-quality document production. Ensure that all presentations, reports / documents, correspondences etc. are professionally presented and designed in a modern and corporate manner
- Lead the preparation and production of regularly scheduled reports or presentations
- Respond within the required timescales with structured and self-managed interactions
- Prepare meeting agendas, incl. attending and taking minutes when necessary and ensure follow up on action points on behalf of the commercial management
- Manage deadlines given to the organization and follow up on existing projects
- Screen internal or external enquiries and handle them where appropriate
- In case of need, proactive management of email accounts, take ownership and delegate communication where appropriate
- In case of need, organize travel, transport and accommodation as well as events and conferences with management attendance
- Degree in business administration, commercial education or equivalent
- At least 2 years of qualified working experience in a similar position in the fields of business administration, shipping, forwarding or project management may be advantageous
The position requires integrity, interpersonal skills, a professional self-representation and solid communication abilities.
- High levels of can-do-attitude, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Collaboration tools
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Ability to visualize complex data in a comprehensive manner
- Microsoft Teams, Planner, To Do
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload to meet the required deadlines
- Ablility to communicate effectively at all levels and build good relationships
- Excellent communication skills in German and English, French or Italian can be advantageous
MSC is known for doing everything we can to maximize the utilization of our ships. We are looking for people who embrace this and want to "make a difference". We make your start at MSC easier with a detailed onboarding. In addition to the onboarding event, you will receive an individual induction and a buddy who will be at your side during your first weeks with us. Benefit from our departmental and team diversity: we are happy to support you with internal development and change requests.
Our employees are important to us, which is why we regularly adjust our benefits. We work with modern equipment, have height-adjustable desks in many areas, offer a JOB-BICYCLE and provide water, coffee, tea and fresh fruit. Mobile working is part of our daily routine - and not just since COVID. We also pass on other employee benefits and discounts directly to you! Our flexible working hours give you the opportunity to harmonize your working hours with your leisure activities and private appointments.